Author Topic: trench rescue  (Read 12030 times)

Offline neal pick gmcusar

trench rescue
« on: June 08, 2005, 11:54:33 AM »
looking for companies\ bodies who offer trench RESCUE training, most want to teach me how to dig a trench safely and steer clear of rescue ops.

Neal P

beds,, shmeds

Offline Peter

trench rescue
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 10:02:14 PM »
CITB at Bircham Newton Norfolk will - including practical realistic (in trench) scenarios. They will do bespoke residential course - someone in Norfolk Fire Service Training Dept. may be able to advise.

trench rescue
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 07:34:29 PM »
thanks for that Pete, I was hoping for somewhere nearer the north west but Ill get intouch and see whats on offer

Neal P

hammocks,, hmmm

trench rescue
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 02:23:44 PM »
still flogging the same horse, are any usar teams using their paratech gear for trench rescue? if so how and where did you get SOP's or is it a case of adapting current practice?

Neal P

Offline dannyr

trench rescue
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 05:09:07 PM »
Hi, i have just seen post for trench rescue training, there are only two companies in this counrty who currently provides this training which is suitable for Fire Authorities one is the CITB the other is SERT Rescue. While the CITB course is a good course, they are not fire personnell, they have no idea what equipment you may be carrying and will not have much of an idea as to what and how we work, SERT Rescue is a company run by USAR  Qualified instructors who are ex or serving members of Local Authority Brigades. They do have a web site which is www.sertrescue.co.uk I hope this helps? Danny