Author Topic: 'The Sharp End' Emergency Services Team Challenge  (Read 6555 times)

Offline leebrassey

'The Sharp End' Emergency Services Team Challenge
« on: June 14, 2005, 10:13:54 PM »
'The Sharp End' Emergency Services team Challenge

Have a great Laugh, Raise money for Charity and challenge yourself and your team!
Whitetip Adventure Management in association with the Home Office publication 'The Sharp End' are organising a team challenge weekend for emergency service personnel.
It will take place the weekend of the 17th-18th Sep 2005 in Anglesey North Wales. It will include teams from across the Uk from all areas of the emergency services ie police, fire ambulance, mountain rescue, coastguard etc etc. Each team is made up of 5 people.
It is designed to be a laugh and includes a Saturday night full of food and drink!!! The activities are also designed to challenge team work and not strength.
The challenge needs teams of nurses to compete and show the other services what they can do!!
For more information go to:
www.whitetip-adventure.co.uk Tel: 0161 456 5848
or e MAIL:
info@whitetip-adventure.co.uk
The event is also in aid of charity so don't delay, secure your place now.

Chris Houston

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 05:55:54 AM »
Dear Mr Brassey,

Is your organisation a profit making limited company?

How much do you take from the donations of each entrant to cover your costs?

Do the profits from the sale of the Saturday night full of food and drink go to charity?

Offline leebrassey

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 06:06:04 AM »
my company is not a limited company. I am a serving police officer and have this business as a growing venture in conjunction with that employment and so am a sole trader under the law.
Yes i do want this event to turn a profit , but this will not happen this year. The initial costs involved in equipment, the venue, insurance, staff, marketing etc will have to be covered to some degree. The first £200 that each team raises will go to cover the cost of the event. This is a set figure that does not rise no matter how much a team raises. It is made clear on booking forms and sponsorship forms that money from sponsorship is utilised to help pay for the event itself.

In relation to the food and drink on ther saturday. As stated on the website, the evening is for the competitors to have a good time and i am not looking to make a profit on the back of having a captured market. I will provide huge open bae be cues for teams to cook their own food on, on the beer is to sold at virtual cost price as stated on the website. There will be no profit form the saturday evening.

As can be seen, The event is geared to grow year on year, and will i believe make a profit for my company in the coming eveents over the next few years.