Author Topic: Regional Controls  (Read 64703 times)

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
Regional Controls
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2005, 12:43:32 AM »
Sparky, I once drove ambulances during an ambulance strike. Are green goddesses very difficult to drive. I am too young to know how to double de-clutch. (By the way, Richmond is probably on the list now for mass ''disappearances'' come the revolution.)
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline dave bev

Regional Controls
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 10:30:07 AM »
sparky - its not a good job when you are constantly under attack from your employers - can you imagine the position that some people now find themselves in - they are unsure about their future - they may have been employed by the fire service for many years (they are under local govt schemes - therefore retire at 60-65) - and now face the prospect of losing their jobs - for those who think this is just an fbu issue i can assure you that there are a LOT of people in fire service controls who are not fbu members yet we will still continue to fight for their jobs. there is no restriction on anyone to access the fbu web site and download the document so dont worry about not being a 'brother' and dont let that stop your enlightenment on a subject so obviously dear to your heart.

colin, good question about simple questions. its nice to see that the issues still tend to be trivialised by those with a will to do so. you have known me long enough to know that the only fbu official statements i (knowingly) make are the the offiicial fbu press statements therefore i will not be drawn into answering 'simple questions (i love the way you put that!) about statements that are made'

if you do want to read the fbu document i can have one in the post to you today to take on your holidays so you can see the arguments we put in a collective document. i am sure you would then see the absurdity of the move to regionalisation of controls.

this is a govt agenda on regionalisation FULL STOP - johnny p's pet project - he asked the people what they wanted, then when they disagreed he set about regionalisation by stealth (though not much cunning)

dave bev

Offline colin todd

Regional Controls
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2005, 05:25:26 PM »
Davey, Forgive me, but its a bit like when you decide to run litigation against someone; you have to be prepared to be cross-examined about your allegations. Ruthie claims it will make the fire service more expensive to run. Surely, she must have figures to support his or, at least, should be able to state in a simple precis why that should be the case. She uses figures to equate the consultants' costs with the cost of employing a very specific number of fire fighters. Surely that should be open to question. She claims problems of technology. Surely she must know what these problems are. Otherwise it is all smoke mirrors, huff and puff and hot air. If you are telling me that, as a non-brother, I am not eligible to an explanation, I will of course accept your view. Equally, if you are telling me the only way I will find the answers (now that I am intrigued) is to read this report, which will explain her allegations using a foundation of fact, then I will be happy to read it as I cruise down the Nile, and report back to people on my findings. So, do send me a copy if you think it would assist me with my confusion.

Yours in brotherhood.

Offline dave bev

Regional Controls
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2005, 06:55:32 PM »
colin, the point i tried to make, though not very well is that it isnt a single answer issue, i only wish it was. the information you seek is within the document though the figures quoted by el presidenti are of course challengable by anyone who wishes to challenge them either in terms of validity or equitable corellation to alternative statistics. what i am not prepared to do is to offer an intepretation of the figures she quotes. the argument to me is not about statistics its about the issues reflected by the statistics

dave bev

Offline colin todd

Regional Controls
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2005, 08:59:09 AM »
Davey, There are lies, damned lies and statistics. (Bernard Shaw). I leave it to people to make up their own minds which Ruthie's figures are. I look frward to analysing the paper.

Offline dave bev

Regional Controls
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2005, 05:33:01 PM »
wasnt bernard shaw in the proffesionals or was that bodie,(not not miss jean)

Offline colin todd

Regional Controls
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2005, 01:50:14 AM »
No I think it was Massey Shaw in the Professionals, which is why, even today, the mighty LFB think that they are the ONLY professionals. Now where is Ruthie's paper, so I can rip it to pieces (oops I mean analyse it).

Offline dave bev

Regional Controls
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2005, 11:54:42 AM »
its on the web and its not ruth's document - its an fbu document!

whats your postal address? - pm me with it?

dave bev

Offline colin todd

Regional Controls
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2005, 12:04:13 PM »
Postal addrsss on website. Click on my name and the website is given. Click on the website and there it is. Too late to read in Egypt now.  I go tomorrow. It will be something to give me to look forward to on my return. Be a good commie while I am away.

Offline johndoe

Regional Controls
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2005, 06:11:00 PM »
John/Bill/Ben,

I've edited your post.

Please refrain making personal insults on this forum.

Thanks,

Chris.

Offline colin todd

Regional Controls
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2005, 12:17:31 AM »
Davey,

Still not received it.

Offline johndoe

Regional Controls
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2005, 07:44:07 AM »
Chris It was not personal it was meant to be humour but can you tell me why the words facist, commie, tin pot college etc are not considered personal

Chris Houston

Regional Controls
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2005, 09:09:09 AM »
Quote from: johndoe
Chris It was not personal it was meant to be humour but can you tell me why the words facist, commie, tin pot college etc are not considered personal

John,

It's very difficult to tell (online) when something is a joke and when something is malicious.  I will take a much harsher line when people seem malicious to individuals than when they make comments about entire organisations.  That's the difference.  I belive that commie is an abreviation of community fire safety.

Regards,

Chris.

Offline johndoe

Regional Controls
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2005, 12:15:18 PM »
Thank you and noted

Offline colin todd

Regional Controls
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2005, 01:50:46 PM »
So let me get this straight in my mind, Davey is actually a raving live and breathe community fire safety officer. I like him even more now.