Author Topic: New UKAS-accredited scheme for certification of Fire Risk Assessors  (Read 13603 times)

Offline GeoffR

Dear Firenet members
You will all be aware of the ever- increasing interest in fire risk assessment. SSAIB is pleased to announce the immediate launch of the SSAIB BAFE SP205 UKAS-accredited certification scheme for firms or individuals offering fire risk assessment services. Achievement of this certification will entitle the holder to display the SSAIB/UKAS certification mark(including the “crown and tick” logo).

SSAIB is an independent, not-for-profit certification body, supervised by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).

If you would like further information, please contact SSAIB via its website http://www.ssaib.org/contact/  or telephone 0191 296 3242
Kind regards
Geoff Rendall
Certification Manager
SSAIB

Offline patb

Re: New UKAS-accredited scheme for certification of Fire Risk Assessors
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 08:37:30 PM »
Dear GeoffR

Many congratulations on SSAIB's achievement which will, I am sure, be welcomed by the various stake holders within the world of life safety fire risk assessment.

For all Fire Net Members and observers to this forum I am pleased to inform you that the National Security Inspectorate (NSI) has also been awarded UKAS Accreditation for the BAFE Fire Industry Scheme SP205-1 with respect to Life Safety Fire Risk Assessment. Three fire risk assessment organizations were awarded BAFE SP205 Certification by NSI today and more organizations are currently undergoing an assessment process.

For anyone who would like more information please contact NSI's FRA Scheme Managers directly as follows;

John Davidson...........  john.davidson@nsi.org.uk.............Mob  07917 630086

Pat Baldwin.................Pat.baldwin@nsi.org.uk................Mob  07771 956071

Offline Will Lloyd

• FIA
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 06:06:14 PM »
Not really sure if this would be the right place to post this but:

As I’m sure you are all aware ECA Certification Ltd were part of the pilot scheme for BAFE SP205
I am pleased to announce that ECA Certification Ltd has received its UKAS Accreditation for BAFE SP205
This brings the list of CB’s offering SP205 to Three

If you would like further information, please contact ECA Certification Ltd via email certification@eca.co.uk or telephone 0333 321 8220

Will Lloyd
BAFE Scheme  Manager
ECA Certification Ltd
Technical Manager
Fire Industry Association (FIA)

All comments and views are mine own and may not reflect the views of the FIA

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 09:14:17 PM »
We are now certificated under BAFE SP 205. A thorough but largely painless process if you are doing the job right.  I advocate it to all.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates