Author Topic: Smoke alarm installation Scotland-advice most welcome.  (Read 3582 times)

Graeme

Smoke alarm installation Scotland-advice most welcome.
« on: November 04, 2014, 01:13:02 PM »
Gents.

I have been asked to prepare a quotation to install afd into several dwellings owned by a single owner in various locations across Scotland.
I have been given conflicting advice and guidance to what guides etc I should go by and I would really appreciate any input from here please if possible.

The Dwellings are all on secured tenancy agreements apart from one who is a standard lease. The properties are mostly Bungalows and two storey semi's. All single Family occupancy.

I was looking to go buy the Housing Scotland act and install in most frequented room by day , circulation areas and Kitchens. I have been given other advice to go by the Fire Scotland Act and FRA route.

If I am correct with the Housing Act-it goes onto to refer to Building complying with the requirements of Building Regs. If I install the minimum required by Housing act does this then meet the building regs ? and again if I go by Housing act what certification route do I go with. i.e Grade D LD2 ? etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Graeme

Offline nearlythere

Re: Smoke alarm installation Scotland-advice most welcome.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 01:24:18 PM »
Gents.

I have been asked to prepare a quotation to install afd into several dwellings owned by a single owner in various locations across Scotland.
I have been given conflicting advice and guidance to what guides etc I should go by and I would really appreciate any input from here please if possible.

The Dwellings are all on secured tenancy agreements apart from one who is a standard lease. The properties are mostly Bungalows and two storey semi's. All single Family occupancy.

I was looking to go buy the Housing Scotland act and install in most frequented room by day , circulation areas and Kitchens. I have been given other advice to go by the Fire Scotland Act and FRA route.

If I am correct with the Housing Act-it goes onto to refer to Building complying with the requirements of Building Regs. If I install the minimum required by Housing act does this then meet the building regs ? and again if I go by Housing act what certification route do I go with. i.e Grade D LD2 ? etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Graeme

Graeme. What does the owner want? The minimum necessary or a beefed up system because he is conscientious about fire safety.
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

Graeme

Re: Smoke alarm installation Scotland-advice most welcome.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 01:34:54 PM »
Nearlythere

Its the very minimum.