Author Topic: Interesting Job Oppurtunity  (Read 10332 times)

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
Interesting Job Oppurtunity
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:31:03 AM »

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
Re: Interesting Job Oppurtunity
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 12:57:32 AM »
Can I do it part time, as I would be able to do so and still revise ADB in less than 12 years.  I will of course wish to write a rec for sprinkler protection of garden sheds because worldwide there has never been a report of a fire death in a sprinklered garden shed.  I will of course have to check with BAFSA if that is strictly correct.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 12:59:49 AM by colin todd »
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 11:12:26 AM »
The Job is yours!

Offline Fishy

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 01:38:16 PM »
'Interesting' is probably an understatement!

I do hope they get some good candidates, but salary might be an issue - I've heard of Fire Safety Engineers with a good few years industry experience (but not yet CEng) turning down ?60k+ to work in central London... competitive market!  LinkedIn is awash with recruitment consultants trying to fill senior fire engineer positions at the moment.  Of course, to some it isn't necessarily all about the money...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:39:58 PM by Fishy »

Offline colin todd

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 11:43:31 PM »
Fishface, as I am going to do the job in my spare time, I am prepared to accept the ?58k figure.  Anyway why do they need someone good????  It has worked fine with Brian for years, so no need to get someone good now.

Wee Fella, when can I start.  

Offline Messy

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 12:21:01 AM »
What happened to the guy who did the original Dept of Communities  'Animal & Stables Guide' with the images of cows going downstairs and relaxing in an inner room office?  ::)

He must still be looking for work and the new ADB is bound to need better pictures

It was by far my favourite Gov FS guide, and I hoped it would be worth a few bob in years to come - like a defective banknote or stamp. Sadly some barsteward nicked my copy!!

Offline colin todd

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 02:56:44 PM »
Davey now that I have been given the job, ADB will be full of scantily clad women going downstairs.

Offline nearlythere

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 06:23:30 AM »
What happened to the guy who did the original Dept of Communities  'Animal & Stables Guide' with the images of cows going downstairs and relaxing in an inner room office?  ::)

He must still be looking for work and the new ADB is bound to need better pictures

It was by far my favourite Gov FS guide, and I hoped it would be worth a few bob in years to come - like a defective banknote or stamp. Sadly some barsteward nicked my copy!!

Is it not still available as an authoritive guidance document?
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

Offline Fishy

Offline Messy

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 10:56:17 AM »

Is it not still available as an authoritive guidance document?

It is available, but without the Monty Pythonesque images!!

I am looking forward to Colin's top-shelf version of ADB ::)