Author Topic: Fire Resistant Tarpaulin  (Read 3429 times)

Offline Clevelandfire 3

Fire Resistant Tarpaulin
« on: August 23, 2018, 12:00:09 PM »
Anyone know where one can obtain fire resisting tarp to British or euro standards the only ones I can find on the market have US approvals

Offline Fishy

Re: Fire Resistant Tarpaulin
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 09:29:37 AM »
No such thing as 'Fire Resistant' tarpaulin, I'm afraid.

You don't say what it's being used for, but if it's being used as a temporary protective covering, or to clad scaffolding the 'best practice' solution in the UK is to use LPS 1207 or LPS 1215 certified materials, as appropriate to the end use.

Offline The Colonel

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 12:43:59 PM »
Have seen a number of years ago sheets with FR markings being used to section off areas being redeveloped in an Ikea store

Offline Clevelandfire 3

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 09:55:07 AM »
No such thing as 'Fire Resistant' tarpaulin, I'm afraid.

You don't say what it's being used for, but if it's being used as a temporary protective covering, or to clad scaffolding the 'best practice' solution in the UK is to use LPS 1207 or LPS 1215 certified materials, as appropriate to the end use.

Yes apologies my bad - I meant to say fire retardant. Used to be quite ubiquitous from memory now quite rare.

Be used initially by client to cover components to protect from dust in a warehouse - but is insistent that it should be fire retardant for good measure. I have said it isn't required but they won't be swayed - so if they want it I want to recommend the correct standard. LPS as The Colonel points out is probably the only way to go these days.