Author Topic: Table layout  (Read 3281 times)

Offline lyledunn

Table layout
« on: December 08, 2018, 06:18:03 PM »
I am looking for some documentary guidance on table layout in rooms that, for example might be used for weddings and functions. There seems to be plenty on loose seating but nothing for tables. Common sense might be a reasonable approach but that is often in short supply.

Offline Dinnertime Dave

Re: Table layout
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 11:11:11 AM »
Well,

Always put the Bride and Groom together. Then the parents, best man and bridesmaids on the top table. Other than that try to mix the two families up. Obviously avoiding putting the warring fractions together.

Funny question for a fire safety forum.

Sorry Lyle, couldn't resist. On a more serious note most wedding venues will have a table layout for staff to work from, can you not reference that? Seem to remember an old yellow guide for places of assembly, not sure it has this scenario in it, I have a copy in my garage I will look later.

Offline xandery

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 09:48:41 AM »
There is a short mention in the old 'primrose' (yellow) guide to diner's seating; where chairs are around tables, they need not be fixed, tables and chairs arranged so that clearly identifiable gangways are provided, and conform with the relevant occupant load factors -quoted as 1-1.5 (see paras 7.15 and 5.20). CLG guide will point you to ADB occupancy tables (1.0).

Offline nearlythere

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 03:33:45 PM »
As xandery says we would have went along the lines of 1 person per 1M2 for dining ensuring any layout plan allowed for gangways and escape doors to be maintained clear for escape. Are you are planning layouts or assessing existing?
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

Offline lyledunn

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 06:01:44 PM »
This is for a certain hotel that you are well aware of NT. The function room is almost 300m2. Exit capacity is available for  only 280. The room is to be used for weddings but I can't exclude other uses. When I do a table layout using a standard wedding- style approach, I am lucky to get 200 in. Now BC is adamant that the occupancy must be based on standard floor space factors irrespective of how I have set the tables out.
To be honest, this room is on the fifth floor and I am siding with BC. I am not an advocate of relying on management systems in the hospitality sector.

Offline nearlythere

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 07:28:37 PM »
Think you?ll be looking forward to a holiday when this project is finished Lyle.
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.