Author Topic: Kitchen ventilation  (Read 2321 times)

Offline lyledunn

Kitchen ventilation
« on: April 15, 2019, 08:08:00 AM »
We have ventilation ductwork to provide for a commercial kitchen canopy. The ductwork will run from the canopy to a compartment wall which is some distance away. It then runs up a service shaft which penetrates several compartment floors. It is clear that the latter part of the run would need to be in fire resistant ductwork but what about that part of the run from the canopy to the compartment wall?
I note that BS9999 2017 requires that where fire resistant ductwork is deemed necessary,  the entire run Should be so protected.

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
Re: Kitchen ventilation
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 10:48:06 PM »
Ive told you before you use BS 9999 far too much.  Did you not learn your lesson with the social clubs that ended up overcrowded.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline Messy

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 05:38:51 PM »
Surely you have answered your question in your answer in relation to BS9999

If this is the project you have been dealing with for a while, when taking into account the buildings use, age and height (and other matters I am aware of not for here)  - there is no way I would seek any variations to that 'requirement' to FR the entire length

Offline lyledunn

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 07:22:39 AM »
Different job Messy. BC have now accepted ductwork in unit is OK to be non-fire rated but is, of course, fire rated beyond the compartment in to the service duct.