Author Topic: Building Control Department to approve all replacement front entrance doors!?  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Suttonfire

Just stumbled across this: https://www.lease-advice.org/faq/i-own-the-front-door-to-my-flat-and-want-to-replace-it-what-do-i-do/ which states the following:

'Before replacing a flat entrance door the leaseholder should obtain Building Regulations approval from the Building Control department at the Local Authority.'

Surely this is not required if a door with the correct 3rd party certification is installed? Can't see references to Building Control approval in for individual doors in the PBF guide or recent MHCLG guides.

Offline lyledunn

All our projects, large or small are channeled through Building Control. We let them determine whether items apply or otherwise and I am often surprised by the inconsistency of decisions. With respect to notifying BC for a change of door, it sounds prudent. Whether BC would really want the bother is quite another matter. If the change out does not create a worse situation than what is currently in place then I don?t think BC would need to be notified.