Author Topic: IFE Exam in Fire Safety  (Read 47536 times)

Offline Pete M

IFE Exam in Fire Safety
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2004, 05:57:30 PM »
Well, sat the exams over the last two days - hope I never have to do that again.

Did anyone else notice an anomoly between the Membership paper 2 - 'fire safety' and the contents of the syllabus as available on the IFE site?

Gary Howe

IFE Exam in Fire Safety
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2004, 06:24:45 PM »
I have just sat the membership fire safety (paper 2) today at Ipswich fire station, question 1 was a corker, asking about fire safety measures re; hurricanes, cylcones and tornado's.

Guess what?I did not do question 1!!!!

Apart from that is was pretty much what I expected.

Regards

Gary

Offline Pete M

IFE Exam in Fire Safety
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2004, 07:07:42 PM »
I must have read the wrong syllabus then - the one I have is predominantly concerned with fire detection, alarms, systems, extinguishing systems, means of escape etc..

The exam appeared to concentrate on building and construction safety.

IFE Exam in Fire Safety
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2004, 01:00:46 PM »
Hi Guys just enjoy the exams, never mind the syllabus, fairly soon you might be saying I took the IFe exams once when they existed!!  Good luck anyway to all who took them at whatever level, I still think they represent good value and fire engineering currency throughout the world and long may they do that in whatever form they evolve to
Cheers
BOB
PS hey Colin I remember the guy who said that about evening dress - he vowed he never would attend the IFE AGM again either!! polarisation is the word!!

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
IFE Exam in Fire Safety
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2004, 10:37:27 PM »
Bob, If he had only told ME he would never go again, I would have gone subsequently!!!!
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline Pete M

IFE Exam in Fire Safety
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2004, 05:44:38 PM »
Well, got the results back and 3 out of 4 is better than I expected - fluffed the Human Resource Management - Ah well, next year perhaps.

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
IFE Exam in Fire Safety
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2004, 09:36:17 PM »
Bad luck but look at it this way many people think that HR stands for hand relief on account of the type of people who often follow HR as a profession.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates