Author Topic: BAA Interview  (Read 100386 times)

Offline pukka

BAA Interview
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 09:42:18 AM »
Hi fellas, i had my interview at heathrow on thursday and just wondering how anyone else thinks they faired before we find out if successfull or not on tuesday??

Offline swiftfire

BAA Interview
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 11:25:45 AM »
Hi Pukka,
I had the usual "pre-interview" nerves, but I settled down quite quickly. I guess its out of our hands now.... How did yours go?

Offline pukka

BAA Interview
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 11:41:15 AM »
Pretty much the same as you, a few nerves but got in to it after a few minutes, i never really struggled for something to say but wether or not i said the right things remains to be seen! Your right mate, out of our hands now. just wait and see i guess. good luck and let me know how u got on.

Offline pukka

BAA Interview
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 04:29:09 PM »
Just been informed today that i have been successful at the interview stage for heathrow, im now on the waiting list. Does anyone know how many vacancies there actually are at heathrow?

Offline Fireguy1230

BAA Interview
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 05:29:48 PM »
Well done mate!

Offline acdw2008

BAA Interview
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 06:56:11 PM »
i was successful too, i case its just a waiting game now?? they said too me in the interview its priortised on the waiting list, so who knows how many people are on it.  Congrats pukka

Offline Harwichfire

BAA Interview
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 07:28:10 PM »
Hi guys im new on here. I know you guys are talking about Heathrow, but i have my fitness and hopefully interview at stanstead on 23rd June. I have had an interview for la fire service before in surrey at passed it, but still quite nervous, What sort of things are the asking. Is it the questions like, "tell me a time when you have helped someone else to achieve a goal?" also have the mentioned when you have ot have medicals? is it as and when aplace comes up or before you go on the waiting list?

Offline pukka

BAA Interview
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 08:28:14 PM »
congrats 2 u as well acdw! yeah i heard its prioritised on the waiting list too. oh well see what happens hey?
Harwichfire: hi mate, for my interview they asked me questions like the 1 you were on about based on the job competencies which are on the web site. no mention of medicals yet, just that i was on the waiting list with the other guys that had passed.

Offline acdw2008

BAA Interview
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 08:47:50 PM »
all the questions are pqa related, and you can find the infomation on the website.

pukka i guess there no way of finding out is there i thought about emailing baa just for some kind of guide, as much as i'm happy could be a long wait.

Offline Yeebsy

BAA Interview
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 09:34:25 PM »
Congratulations guys. I really have no idea how many we are recruiting now, but I will dig a bit on Wednesday when I go in. Looking forward to getting my hands on you for your phase 2 (BA) training.
Isn't it funny, how if you sit in a library and scream, everyone looks at you and tuts...but do the same thing on an aircraft and everyone joins in!

Offline White_elephant

BAA Interview
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2008, 10:11:35 AM »
*shudders at the thought of the poor souls getting beasted*

Nah he is a pussycat really guy's nothing to worry about!

Offline acdw2008

BAA Interview
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 06:41:16 PM »
thats what i like too hear.

Offline swiftfire

BAA Interview
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 09:43:47 AM »
Hi Yeebsy,
            Did you manage to "dig around" for info about any possible upcoming positions?

Offline gonzofire

BAA Interview
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 10:21:04 AM »
Morning All,

Can anyone help me, I've passed my fitness test on 27th May for Gatwick, would anyone know when the interview stage is going to start and how many people they need at gatwick. Thanks for you help ;0)

Offline Yeebsy

BAA Interview
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 11:29:11 AM »
Swiftfire, The truth is, at the moment no one knows how many we need and I believe there are a couple wanting to transfer in from other BAA airports,
 I have no idea whether they get priority or not.
Isn't it funny, how if you sit in a library and scream, everyone looks at you and tuts...but do the same thing on an aircraft and everyone joins in!